Our proven approach to strategic planning has resulted in measurable organizational growth and success for our clients.
Recent strategic planning clients include:
- Memphis Area Chamber of Commerce
- City of Millington/Naval Activity Support Millington/Industrial Development Board
- West Tennessee Industrial Association
- Jackson Downtown Development Corporation
- Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi Council of Girl Scouts
- Brownsville/Haywood County Tennessee
- Dickson County Chamber of Commerce
- InSouth Bank
- The Tennergy Corporation
- Jackson Library Foundation
- Obion County Chamber of Commerce
- South Tipton County Chamber of Commerce
- The Allison Insurance Group
We begin the strategic planning process with private interviews of the primary shareholders in the plan. The primary shareholder can include board members, key staff members, potential board members, community leaders, key customers and other organization stakeholders.
During the interviews we discuss:
- Perceptions about the organization
- Potential opportunities for the organization
- Potential risks and problems for the organization
- Desired goals for the organization
- Resources needed
- Assessment of the organization's effectiveness
- Priorities for the organization
- Other issues that the organization must address or consider
The interviews allow participants to express thoughts in a private, confidential setting. The interviewing process also maximizes the effectiveness of the group planning session.
At the formal group session, which we recommend to be one day (i.e. 9:00 am - 4:00 pm), we present the consolidated findings from the interviews. We present this as the "present state of the organization" and invite active input of changes and additions.
The group planning process then focuses the majority of the session on identifying:
- Critical issues for the organization
- Prioritizing which issues must be addressed and when
- Desired outcome (future state) when addressing these issues
- Action steps for addressing the issues
- Assigning responsibilities and deadlines for each step
Younger Associates prepares a strategic plan document that reflects all pertinent information from the planning process. We make a format presentation of the final plan to your designated group.
The final plan outlines:
- Where the organization is today
- The vision for the organization in three to five years
- The critical issues that must be addressed to acheive that vision
- Goals and action steps
- Assignments of responsibilities
- Outcomes measurements